Please join us in continuing to pray for the following needs in the days and weeks ahead:
- God’s comfort and consolation for all those grieving the loss of loved ones from the horrific violence of the past few days
“God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble” Psalm 46:1
- Healing for those who have been wounded and are recovering in hospitals across the country and in Gaza and for the hospital staff treating them
“He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.” Psalm 107:20
- Healing of hearts and minds from the deep trauma that people have and continue to suffer
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah 41:10
- A speedy end to the current hostilities and that it will not escalate and expand to other areas
“He makes wars cease to the ends of the earth. He breaks the bow and shatters the spear; he burns the shields with fire.” Psalm 46:9
- For leaders and decision makers, that they may be inspred by wisdon, compassion, and a desire for peace.
“For the Lord gives wisdom; from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.” Proverbs 2:6
- That God’s love and peace may transcend the divisions and hatred that have plagued this region for so long.
“There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.” Galatians 3:28
- Pray for the Christians and Church in Gaza and Israel to be instruments of peace, promoting justice, understanding, reconciliation, and a just peace in the Holy Land.
“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” Matthew 5:9